Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Top 10 Signs of Spring: #9 Birds!

Holy cowbird! This morning my kids and I were getting ready for the day and we heard a sound we haven't heard in months--birds. There was one call in particular ('fee-bee') that made both my daughter and me stop in our tracks and say 'Spring!'. So for the first half hour at the office today I did not contact clients, work on offers or even make myself a cup of coffee. I went straight to the computer and researched bird calls. Finally, I landed on it: the Black-Capped Chickadee. I never knew that they made any sound but the one that gave them their name. As if they weren't likable enough in their cuteness, now I have another reason to love this little bird. Click on the link below to hear the same beautiful spring song that we did:

No comments:

Post a Comment