Sunday, February 6, 2011

If You're Fond of Snowdrifts and Salty Roads

Gross. Yuck. Ew. This has been one of the stormiest, sloppiest winters I can remember on Cape Cod. #Tim Kelley, my childhood neighbor and NECN meteorologist, says that this month we're in for a storm about every 5 days or so. (We used to be friends... Although blaming him for bad weather is like blaming me for a bad market, so I guess I'll go easy on him.) 
The buyers who buy this month are either brilliant visionaries or very brave, slogging through slush to see a frigid, dormant beach cottage. It's hard to believe that in 6 months we'll be dancing tippy toe across molten beach parking lots and hermetically sealing potato chips against oppressive, crunch-killing humidity. 
I'm not really complaining, though. The rhythm of the seasons on Cape Cod for better or for worse always keeps our view of other times more rosy. Sure as shootin' there we will be in July, a flaccid compress on our sunburn, waxing poetic about this past winter's crackling fireplace, colossal snowmen and  maniacal runs down the sledding hill. It doesn't get any better than this. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment