Saturday, March 6, 2010

Realtor Gone for the Weekend

Writing from an Amtrak car this morning on my way to NYC for my daughter's gymnastics meet. Funny, the last time I rode a long-distance train I was with the same daughter, except we were in China and had only known each other for a few days.
In this job of real estate, I'm often on the clock when my clients and most normal people are off. This means my job often happens on weekends, holidays and evenings. One of the hardest parts of my job is drawing boundaries. No biz calls after 6, delegate some percent of open houses, etc. But even if clients aren't calling, there's work to be done 24/7 and it's hard sometimes to stop and just be something other than a realtor.
Like, say, a mother.
Yeah, I gotta go now, we're almost at Penn Station. Have a great weekend--see you on Monday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment